Sunday 15 October 2017

REGIONAL PERFORMACE CENTRE 2017/18 Programme


We have received this email (see below) regarding this year's selection and training for the West Midlands Regional Representative Teams.
Please note that the first two dates are try out dates and all subsequent dates are by invitation only. Also, good parental support (financially and logistically) is required for any player to undertake this.
Finally, this is open to any player registered to Leadonites Basketball born in the years 2003, 2004 and 2005. It does not require any recommendation by a Leadonites coach for a player to go and try-out.
Good luck to those that go for this and do us proud.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Coaches and Parents
My name is Paul Douglas, but you may know me as “Dougie” and I’m the West Midlands Performance Coaching Coordinator.
The West Midlands is going through a transitional period with a new Coaching staff to be appointed; so in the interim, I will be covering the sessions until they are appointed.
I am looking for coaching staff for both the girls' and boys’ programmes so if you would like to be considered or have any suggestions then please contact me. I am currently speaking to and potential Head Coach for the boys’ programme and I’m hoping to announce that very soon.
The first West Midlands RPC will be this:
Sunday, 15th October from 10:00 until 15:00 at:
Lighthouse: Young Peoples Centre
100 Alma Way
Aston
Birmingham
B19 2LN
The RPC is for boys and girls born 2003, 2004 & 2005 and the cost is £10 per player. Each player is to bring a packed lunch, water and a basketball as the region does not hold any. If you think any of your players will have any issues with attending this Sunday please let me know.
This session is to determine which players are at the required RPC standard and as I am fully aware that this is short notice for some I am extending this trial period to the next session on 12th November.
I am also very keen for the RPC sessions to be hosted by clubs in the region so if any clubs would like to host one please contact me ASAP to arrange it.
The RPC dates are as follows:
12th November
10th December
7th January
11th February
11th March
15th April
20th May
In addition; if any coaches are interested in applying for coaching positions for the West Midlands Regional U13, 15 & 17 squads for both girls and boys please register your interest by emailing me.
My email address is allcitybasketball@me.com if you would like to contact me.
Again, I apologise for the short notice and I assure you that if your player/child cannot attend this RPC they will be considered for the next one in November.
I am very keen to get all clubs involved in the development of players and coaches in the West Midlands so please feel free to contact me with any ideas or suggestions.
Kind regards Dougie
Paul Douglas
West Midlands Performance Coaching Coordinator
_____________________________________________________