Sunday 2 August 2020

Leadonites Basketball Codes of Conduct

There follows the Leadonites Basketball CODES of CONDUCT for: -

- ADULT PLAYERS
- COACHES, TEAM MANAGERS and CLUB OFFICIALS
- SPECTATORS and PARENTS/GUARDIANS/DARES
- YOUTH (Under 18) PLAYERS



Leadonites Basketball

CODE of CONDUCT for ADULT PLAYERS

On and off the court of play, I will:

• Always play the game fairly and in the right spirit.

• Be aware of the impact of bad language; keep spectators and members of the public - including children - in mind.

• Avoid criticising match officials and accept that they make honest decisions and confronting them will not change it.

• Never verbally abuse a match official, coach, player, or spectator based their appearance, race, religion, gender, or sexuality. Doing so could lead to dismissal from the court, suspension and possible police action.

• Never physically assault a match official, coach, player or spectator. Doing so could lead to dismissal from the court, suspension, andor possible police action.

• Always win, draw, or lose with dignity, and be prepared to shake hands with match officials,

opposition players and team coaches at full-time.

 

I understand:

If I do not follow the Code, I may expect to:

• Be cautioned, given technical or unsportsmanlike fouls or expelled from the court by the match officials, depending on the nature of the offence.

• Be asked to apologise to whoever I have offended or abused.

• Be disciplined by my club, including being substituted, dropped, given a formal warning or

suspended from training and/or matches depending on the nature of the offence.

• Be disciplined by the competition organiser or Basketball England, including being fined or suspended for a number of matches depending on the nature of the offence.

• Be handed a permanent exclusion by Basketball England if the offence is deemed serious enough.

 

Play your part and support the Leadonites Basketball Code of Respect:

 

On and off the playing court, I will:

Stick to the rules and celebrate the spirit of the game.

• Always show respect to everyone involved in the game.

• Never engage in public criticism of the match officials and abide by their final decisions.

• Win or lose with dignity. Shake hands at the end of every game.

• Be aware of the potential impact of bad language on others.

• Never engage in abusive language, bullying or intimidating behaviour.

 

I understand that if I do not follow the Code, I may:

Be asked to apologise to whoever I’ve upset.

• Receive a formal warning.

• Be required to attend a club endorsed education course.

• Be dropped, substituted or suspended from training.

• Not be selected for the team.

• Be asked to leave the club and/or issued a fine.

 

____________________________________________________________________________




Leadonites Basketball

CODE of CONDUCT for COACHES, TEAM MANAGERS and CLUB OFFICIALS

Play your part and support Basketball England’s Code of Respect:

 

On and off the court of play, I will:

• Always show respect to everyone involved in the game.

• Stick to the rules and celebrate the spirit of the game.

• Encourage fair play and high standards of behaviour.

• Always respect the Referees and Table Officials and encourage players to do the same.

• Never enter the court of play without the referee’s permission.

            Note: Team Head Coaches may enter the court of play to assist the referees in preventing or stopping a fight.

• Never engage in, or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive behaviour.

• Be aware of the potential impact of bad language on others.

• Be gracious in victory and defeat.

• Respect the facilities home and away.

 

When working with players, I will:

• Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything.

• Never tolerate any form of bullying.

• Ensure all activities are suited for the players’ ability and age.

• Work with others (e.g. officials, doctors, welfare officers, physiotherapists) for each player’s best interests.

 

I understand that if I do not follow the Code, I may be:

• Required to meet with the club or league Welfare officer or the Basketball England Designated Safeguarding officer.

• Suspended by the club from attending practices and/or matches.

• Suspended or fined by the competition organiser and/or Basketball England.

• Required to leave, lose my position and/or have my license withdrawn.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

                         



Leadonites Basketball

CODE of CONDUCT for spectators and

      PARENTS/GUARDIANS/CARERS

Play your part and support Leadonites Basketball's Code of Respect:

• Have fun; it’s what we’re all here for!

• Celebrate effort and good play from both sides.

• Always respect the Referees, Table Officials and coaches and encourage players to do the same.

• Stay off the playing court and within the Designated Spectators’ Area (where provided).

• When players make mistakes, offer them encouragement to try again next time.

• Never engage in, or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour.

 

Always try to support the coach of your child's Leadonites Basketball team:

• Never attempt to coach your child, or anyone else's, from the spectator side of the court. Your advise/instruction may be contrary to the instructions that the child's coach has issued and may cause mental anguish and internal turmoil to the child you are attempting to coach. Either way, it is unlikely to improve their performance, let alone their enjoyment of playing.

• When talking to your child never demean or criticise their coach; either within the coach's hearing or beyond their hearing.

• The ride home: Other than a few words of praise do not discuss the match on the journey home. Tell your child that you enjoy watching them play, and leave it at that.

• If you are unhappy or dissatisfied with a coach of your child's team then address your concerns to the Club Head Coach.

• If you want to coach then please volunteer your services to the Club Head Coach.

 

I understand that if I do not follow the Code, I may be:

• Issued with a verbal warning or asked to leave.

• Required to meet with a club representative (i.e. chairman) or the club Head Coach or the club committee or the Club Welfare Officer.

• Obliged to undertake a club endorsed education course.

• Requested not to attend future games, be suspended or have my membership removed.

• Required to leave the club along with any dependents and/or issued a fine.

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 



Leadonites Basketball

CODE of CONDUCT for YOuth (Under 18) Players

Play your part and support Basketball England’s Code of Respect:

When playing basketball, I will:

• Always play my best for the benefit of the team.

• Play fairly and be friendly.

• Respect and encourage my team mates.

• Play by the rules and respect the referees and table officials.

• Shake hands with the other team - win or lose.

• Listen carefully to what my coach tells me.

• Understand that a coach has to do what is best for the team.

• Talk to someone I trust or the club Head Coach or the club Welfare Officer if I am unhappy about anything at my club.

• Encourage my team mates.

• Respect the facilities home and away.

 

When attending basketball practice sessions, I will:

• Turn up to practice in a timely manner.

• If I am unable to attend practice or if I will be late I will give adequate notice to my coach.

• Respect the facilities and training equipment

• Wait patiently for my training session to begin and not disrupt any activities taking place on the court beforehand.

• Listen carefully to what my coach tells me.

• Understand that a coach has to do what is best for safe, efficient and progressive running of the team practice session and attempt to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by my coach.

• Encourage and help my team mates, when ever and where ever practicable, during the training session.

• Help clean up the court and safely and securely clear equipment away at the end of the training session.

• Leave the court and sports hall building in a respectful manner and without disrupting any following training sessions or other users of the facilities.

• Talk to someone I trust or the club Head Coach or the club Welfare Officer if I am unhappy about anything at my club.

 

I understand that if I do not follow the Code, I may:

• Be asked to apologise to whoever I have upset.

• Receive a formal warning.

• Be dropped, substituted or suspended from training and/or matches.

 

____________________________________________________________________________