The Leadonites Basketball training sessions will be designed to be fun whilst still giving each and every player a though grounding in the fundamental basics of good basketball. But to be able to achieve this aim the following must be understood by all players…..
1. Smoking by Leadonites Basketball players/members will not be permitted whilst those individuals are representing the club either at training sessions or matches/tournaments - regardless of the player's/member's age.
2. Foul and abusive language will not be tolerated by players/members whilst representing Leadonites Basketball at either training sessions or matches/tournaments.
3. Violence towards fellow Leadonites Basketball players/members/coaching staff will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
4. ARRIVING AT TRAINING
All players are to be at the training venue 15 minutes prior to the start of training.
- This allows for any administration required such as: -
Forms to be completed
Weekly subs to be collected
Any quick fire questions to be asked and answered
A brief for what will be covered in that evening’s training session to be covered by the coach
Hopefully the above will still allow for maximum usage of court time available
5. Players are to wear appropriate clothing and footwear only.
- These does not need to be expensive: -
Non-marking trainers or basketball shoes
Shorts or track suit style trousers
T-shirt or sports vest
6. Long hair must be tied back.
7. No jewellery is permitted, whether it is piercings, rings, necklaces, brackets or other.
8. Anyone wearing anything considered dangerous by the head coach will not be allowed to participate in training sessions until such item has been either made safe or removed.
9. Anyone wearing clothing bearing inappropriate text or imagery will not be allowed to train until the garment has either been covered up or removed.
10. Players are expected to: -
Follow all reasonable instructions and requests made by the head coach or his/her helpers.
Train safely at all times.
Make allowances for those less able around them.
Respect all club members regardless of gender, age, race, religion, nationality or ability.
11. POOR BEHAVIOUR
Players displaying poor behaviour will be dealt with in a ‘three strikes and you are out’ basis.
First a verbal warning will be issued to improve behaviour.
Repetition of poor behaviour after an initial verbal warning will result in the child being suspended from the training session for five minutes
Note 1: The child will not be allowed to leave the sports hall unless escorted to or collected by a parent/guardian/designated responsible adult.
Note 2: Any child receiving this censure will have their parent/guardian/designated responsible adult informed of this event.
Further repeated poor behaviour after reintroduction to the training session will result in the child being excluded from the remainder of the training session and escorted to their parent/guardian/designated responsible adult who will be waiting in either of the viewing areas outside of the sport hall.
If the same child displays repetitions of poor behaviour from one session to another then that child will be excluded from all future training sessions.
In each of the above cases there will be no refund of membership or weekly subscription monies, either in part or in full.
The above may seem harsh but we have only limited time in a half of the sports hall (to start) and no one child’s behaviour will be allowed to dominate and disrupt the training session for the other children training.
12. AFTER THE TRAINING SESSION
12a. The sports hall is booked on the understanding that all those training with Leadonites Basketball must vacate the sports hall by the end of the alloted time period.
12b. No children under the age of 12 years of age will be permitted to leave the leisure centre until their parent/guardian or a designated responsible adult collects them.
13. Parent/Guardians please do not force your child to attend Leadonites Basketball training sessions. We only want children who really want to be there. This is not a baby sitting venture.